The quality of service rendered by our Provincial Government Officials and Employees helps determine the level of progress that can be attained by our province. To promote the PAGLAUM Development Agenda and in order to create economic opportunities for the Province of Misamis Oriental, allow me to share with you some of the activities/meetings we attended for the month of February.
Tourism is one of the province’s leading industry contributing significantly to Misamis Oriental’s economy, this is why we need to promote tourism while mitigating environmental impact. By encouraging sustainable tourism practices, supporting eco-tourism development, and promoting renewable energy, we can ensure that tourism continues to provide economic benefits while minimizing its impact on the environment and climate.
To provide a systematic and comprehensive waste management program in the province. To ensure the protection of public health and the environment.
The Water Resources Security and Sanitation Plan is a means to ensure a sound, sustainable and integrated management of water resources. This is also our initial step of conserving natural ecosystems and protecting our cities and territories from flooding, sea-level rise, drought and pollution.
– To have a sustainable bulk supply of water in LGUs of Misamis Oriental.
– Issues and concerns, and proposed interventions
– We formally launched the PAGLAUM Help Desk in the eight Misamis Oriental Provincial Hospitals (MOPH) together with MisOr Cares and Provincial Social Welfare and Development Office to bring closer to every Misamisnon provide help and assistance to patients in each hospital.
– Beneficiaries can receive assistance such as Assistance to Individuals in Crisis Situation (AICS) which consists of support for hospital bills, laboratory and other hospitalization expenses. The help desk can also assist in Death Assistance consisting of coffin, embalming, transportation and burial
– We are focusing on prioritizing the needs of the People’s Scholars because we believe that education is a weapon for the youth in the expected bright future development for them and the entire province of Misamis Oriental.
– We also welcomed Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) Officer In-Charge – Branch Manager for Misamis Oriental Ms. Divina M. Salvacion as she shared that PCSO will be opening satellite offices all over the Philippines for the 1st time. With this, 2 will be stationed in Mindanao and 1 will be here in Misamis Oriental for easy Medical access which includes Hospital Confinement, Dialysis and Cancer Treatment.
– We welcomed the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Field Office-X Risk Resiliency Program Focal Person Avril Lynne Ruiz as she shared the accomplishments of the Cash For Work last year.
Serbisyong PAGLAUM in Jasaan
– To deliver basic services such as legal services, provision of agricultural supplies, health and social services to the constituents of the Municipality of Jasaan.
With the implementation of Ordinance No. 1571-2022, an ordinance regulating the extraction, disposition, utilization and processing of quarry and other mineral resources and amending various taxes, the tax from the Quarry movement has not been added to the collection of millions, but this year its income has doubled. The income starting January 2023 amounted to P4,377,610.00 and continued to increase in February 2023 to P4,667,370.00 income.
Courtesy visit to Hon. Carlos Jericho Petilla
– To discuss the possibility of working hand in hand for the development of the health sector, solar power development and the digitalization program of the province.
We expressed our full support to the Bamboo Industry hoping to plant 25,000 bamboos in the province this year for livelihood and employment generation, as well as environment protection for a progressive and safe Misamis Oriental.
Meeting with Asian Pyrochem Technologies Inc.
– To create opportunity for Tobacco Barter Trading in Misamis Oriental
Meeting with Mayor Klarex Uy
– Earlier this month, together with Robinson’s Land Corporation we discuss to rehabilitate the Misamis Oriental Integrated Sports Complex which is jointly owned by PGMO and LGU-CDO
– Together with DTI, we discuss the plans for the upcoming International Food Exhibition (IFEX) on May 2023. This Food Exhibit will create opportunities for the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) of the Province of Misamis Oriental. This will also be a venue to showcase the products of the province globally
Courtesy Visit of Korean Investors
– To consider projects that would help in developing a SMART Village:
a. Green Houses
b. Dryers for Smart Agriculture